The J.B.Boda Group, during its diversification into services beyond reinsurance broking, led to the inception of Insurance Surveyors & Loss Assessors Pvt. Ltd. in 1971.
After becoming the pioneers of reinsurance broking in India, the Group wanted to develop Professional Insurance and Marine Survey Services, which also became the objective of the inception of this new company under the J.B.Boda Group.
Our human resource team comprises experts from the Seafaring, Insurance sector, Industry & Trade, and Professionals including Master Mariners, Marine Chief Engineers, and Naval Architects. They are assisted by trained and experienced colleagues, proficient in their respective fields of survey and inspection activities.
We provide a wide range of services that are also retained by leading ship owners, P&I Clubs, Importers and Exporters, and General Insurance Companies. These include Fire, Marine (Hull & Cargo), Engineering, P&I Investigations, Dry and Reefer Containers, Oils, Chemicals, Petroleum, Petro-chemical, Valuation of Assets, and other related surveys.
- Preshipment Inspection & Superintendence Services
- Liquid Cargo, Dry Cargo, Cryogenic Gas
- Containers – Dry & Reefer
- Analytical Division
- Tank Calibration
- Third Party Inspection
- Miscellaneous Services
- Asset Valuation
- Valuation of Land & Building
- Valuation of Plant & Machinery, Furniture, Fixture & Fittings, etc.
- Registered member of Indian Institution of Valuers
- Insurance Survey & Loss Adjustment
- Marine, Hull & Cargo
- BODA LABS
- Chennai | Indore | Kandla | Visakhapatnam
- Tests as per B.I.S, specifications
- Analysis as per B.S.S, A.O.C.S., A.S.T.M., or any specifications followed in international business
- The Cochin Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCCI)
- The Federation of Oils, Seeds & Fats Associations Ltd. (FOSFA)
- Indian Oilseeds and Produce Export Promotion Council (IOPEPC)
- The Soybean Processors Association of India (SOPA)
- The Hindustan Chamber of Commerce (HCC)
- The Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA)
- Solvent Extractors’ Association of India (SEA)
Apart from our existing services, we also have a range of value-added services. These include continuous loading and discharge supervision, pre-shipment survey, project cargo inspection and transportation logistics, sampling and testing to international standards, etc.
Work so far
Major claim surveys for fire, machinery break-down, storm, flood, explosion, earthquakes, and loss of profits as well as losses arising from/due to natural disasters have been handled so far. Our experience also lies in surveying the losses in major projects under construction, and also in unusual losses such as breakdown of windmills and complex financial frauds.
We are on the panel of surveyors to all the four state-owned insurers and all the private sector insurers in India.
We have 25 offices in India which are located at all the major ports, including important minor ports as well as significant inland cities. These include Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bharuch, Chennai, Haldia, Hyderabad, Indore, Jamnagar, Kakinada, Kandla, Kochi, Kolkata, Mangalore, Mormugao, Mundra, New Delhi, Noida, Paradip, Pipavav, Porbandar, Surat, Tuticorin, Veraval, and Visakhapatnam.
ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company (Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata)
For any business-related queries, please contact Capt. Rusi S. Govekar at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more contact information, download our contact directory